October 02, 2012

M is for Memories: Summer 2012

Hello Baby,

Not going to lie, this past Summer has been kind of (ok, a lot of) a blur.

Besides finding out that we were pregnant with you towards the end of May,
right after the Saturday Colonial Golf Tournament to be exact...
(I was only about 4-5 weeks along)
we were busy busy and I was tired and nauseous.
(well worth it once I get to meet you!)

1st Trimester went by so slow, yet so fast.
If I wasn't working, I was home sleeping.
(in the fetal position because nothing else was comfortable)
I was never really physically sick; just nauseous, like all day.
And I had absolutely no appetite. Which is so unlike me.

Here's some 1st Trimester milestones:
(weeks 1-12)
  • Celebrated my 26th Birthday @ Winslows.
  • Told our families about you over Father's Day. (more on this soon!)
  • Cravings: Anything cheese but specifically Kraft Mac and Cheese & Flammin' Hot Cheetos. Yep...
  • Your nickname "Baby Shu" was born. (The first time we saw you over the sonogram at 9 weeks, you were about the size of a cashew)
  • You went to your first Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra at the Botanic Gardens. They played Elvis songs.
  • I'm sure there's lots more, but the majority of the time I just slept.
Needless to say, I welcomed the 2nd Trimester with open arms...
(and a hungry belly!)

XOXO-Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment