October 04, 2012

F is for Food: Greek Pita Pockets

Surprisingly, aside from my occasional Flammin Hot Cheetos cravings,
(don't judge me!)
I very often crave a healthy meal!
In fact, lately, I've been wanting fruit and veggies like crazy.
Below is one of my stand by (and super easy!) lunch recipes.
(and afterwards, I don't feel like I have a food baby too!)

Ingredients:
(makes about 2-3 pita pocket halves)
  • 1) Whole Wheat Pita Pocket, cut in half
  • 1/4 c. Fat Free Feta Cheese Crumbles
  • 1/2 of a Green Pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 of a Large Hothouse Cucumber, seeded
  • 3 Green Onions, chopped
  • 2-3 tbsp. Brianna's Real French Vinaigrette Dressing
  • 1 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Directions:
Cut cherry tomatoes in half. Chop green pepper and scallions. Use half of cucumber. Then cut that in half again. Use a spoon to core out the seeds. Chop the cucumber. Throw everything into a bowl. Add feta cheese and dressing to taste. Warm pita pocket halves in 350 degree oven. Once slightly cool, fill pockets with veggie mix.

Little Baby C loves this one- you will too!
Enjoy!

XOXO-LC

No comments:

Post a Comment