July 31, 2013

F is for Food: Breakfast Smoothies

I think I'm becoming a smoothie person
Did you know you can text your order in to Smoothie King?! 
(dangerous)
Did you also know they want like $8 a pop? 
Highway robbery people. 

Thus, I've been on the hunt to find a yummy recipe I can make at home. 
Success

Ingredients:
Makes about 2) 8oz. smoothies
  • 1-2 tbsp Honey (you can always substitute Blue Agave)
  • 1 tbsp Chia Seeds (I found mine at Sprouts)
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 whole oranges, juice only
  • 1 cup milk (can use almond, soy, anything you like)
  • 1 cup frozen fruit of your choice (I used a berry/mango mix)
  • handful of ice
  • special equipment: Blender
Directions:
Put the frozen fruit, banana, Chia seeds, orange juice and milk in the blender. Puree. Add in honey (to taste) and ice. Puree or Pulse until ice is teeny tiny. Enjoy!
from top left:
{what chia seeds look like | portion and freeze | final product: get in my belly}

Cheers! 
XOXO-LC

No comments:

Post a Comment